SVI PRAGUE – The History
2014 – HRADEC KRÁLOVÉ BRANCH ESTABLISHED
On the basis of a decision by the Czech Republic Ministry of Agriculture, the State Veterinary Institute in Hradec Králové was merged with the State Veterinary Institute in Prague on 1 January 2014. This resulted in the laboratory facility based in Hradec Králové becoming an affiliate of the latter named institution.
1991 – VETERINARY SERVICES REORGANISED AND PRIVATISED; THE CENTRAL SVI OFFICE BASED IN PRAGUE IS DISCONTINUED
Following the political change, 1 January 1991 was the day the then Central State Veterinary Institute (CSVI) in Prague was discontinued and the new State Veterinary Institute Prague organisation was established to function as an entity co-funded and managed by the State.
1965 TO 1968 – PREMISES IN PRAGUE-LYSOLAJE UNDER CONSTRUCTION
In the autumn of 1968, a new laboratory complex in Lysolaje was put into operation. On 10 June 1969 the central office began operating and managing the CSV’s laboratory diagnosis activity in Prague-Lysolaje.
1 May 1963 – CENTRAL STATE VETERINARY INSTITUTE IN PRAGUE IS ESTABLISHED
The laboratory operations were moved from Na Kozačce ulice (street) into new laboratory premises based in Český Brod; this was followed by the search for new premises to harbour the labs. In 1965, construction work was commenced in Lysolaje concerning a new complex.
1949 – STATE VETERINARY RESEARCH INSTITUTE ESTABLISHED (ADDRESS: NA KOZAČCE 3/870, PRAGUE)
In 1951, the organisation’s name was changed to the “State Veterinary Institute in Prague”. In 1952, there was another re-organisation; the institution was renamed as the “State Veterinary Research Institute in Prague”.
1939 – FOOD TESTING LABS ESTABLISHED AS PART OF THE STATE HEALTH INSTITUTE (SHI) IN ŠROBÁROVA ULICE, PRAGUE
In 1939, laboratories were formed in Prague as part of SHI to test meat and milk. In 1940, a department for animal health and hygiene was established as part of the same institution; it was later expanded to contain a chemical lab.
1918 – AN ENTITY FOUNDED IN PRAGUE AND NAMED THE “NATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR IDENTIFYING ANIMAL DISEASES AND PRODUCING ANIMAL VACCINES”
In 1921, the Institute was transferred to Ivanovice na Hané.